Nicholas Payton’s complete album Payton’s Place (1998), featuring guest musicians Wynton Marsalis, (trumpet on tracks 2, 10), Roy Hargrove (trumpet on tracks 2, 8) and saxophonist Joshua Redman (tenor sax on track 4).
Nicholas Payton caught my ear when I first heard Concentric Circles, track 5 in this album, from this post on tumblr.
- Zigaboogaloo (Payton)
- The Three Trumpeteers (Payton)
- Back to the Source (Payton)
- A Touch of Silver (Payton)
- Concentric Circles (Payton)
- Li’l Duke’s Strut (Payton)
- Time Travelling (Payton)
- With a Song in My Heart (Hart, Rogers)
- Paraphernalia (Shorter)
- Brownie à la Mode (Payton)
- People Make the World Go Round (Bell, Creed)
- The Last Goodbye (Bell, Creed, Payton)